WHO WE ARE
CVCC is part of the Reformed Church in America (RCA). The RCA includes some of the oldest known congregations in North America. It was established on this continent 150 years before the Revolutionary War.
The word "Reformed" comes from the Protestant Reformation which swept across Europe in the 1500's under the leadership of such men as Martin Luther and John Calvin. Calvin's reformation at Geneva spread to many countries, including Scotland (where it became the Presbyterian Church) and the Netherlands (where it became our ancestor, the Dutch Reformed Church).
The RCA currently has about 950 churches in the United States and Canada, with 190,000 members.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
- The Bible is God's perfect guidebook for living.
- Jesus is God showing Himself to us.
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now.
- Nothing in creation "just happened". God made it all.
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- Faith is the only way to grow in a relationship with God.
- Heaven and hell are real places. Death is a beginning - not an end
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people - ALL people.
- Jesus is coming again!
HOW WE OPERATE
We believe how we operate is critical to the health of our relationships and our church. There are three operating principles we will continually strive to live.
In faith and life being real means being honest, vulnerable and authentic. None of us is perfect, so we're not going to pretend that we are. Instead we're going to encourage people to be authentic with God and with one another.
If it's not relevant, who cares? We want to demonstrate in teaching and living that our faith is relevant on the NW side of Tucson. Being a Christ follower will impact every aspect of life...it is not just a Sunday morning thing. We will communicate honestly how Christianity effectively intersects with everyday life and culture.
All of us desire friendship. We want people to be connected to one another regardless of their differences. We will seek to provide unconditional acceptance for anyone who wishes to become part of our community.
Please visit our new website, www.cortarovista.org, for more information. This website will be going down soon. The last updates to this website will be done on July 6, 2015.